Your Cart is empty
To all grilled cheese fans, we have the ultimate solution for you - cauliflower crusted grilled cheese! A crispy toast texture filled with, of course, cheese, and infused with Italian herbs, this grilled cheese might be better than the real thing. As you may have already known, cauliflower is a fantastic grain substitute for your Keto lifestyle. It's low in carbs and is super easy to transform into your favorite foods.
Prep time 5 minutes
Cook time 30 minutes
1 head of cauliflower, stem removed and cut into florets
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 black pepper
2 cheddar cheese, thick slices
1. Preheat oven to 450F. Line baking tray with a baking sheet.
2. Add cauliflower to a food processor and pulse until cauliflower are broken into small pieces.
3. Place cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 4 minutes. Stop at 2 minutes and give it a stir and continue heating up.
4. Carefully remove the bowl and give it one last stir. Place back in the microwave and heat for 5 minutes to dry up the cauliflower.
5. Once the cauliflower has cool down, add egg, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, oregano, onion powder and black pepper. Mix evenly.
6. Divide dough into 4 equal parts and place on the baking tray.
7. Using your hands press the dough down and into a square shape to mimic a slice of bread.
8. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from heat and let it cool.
9. Carefully remove cauliflower slices and start assembling your grilled cheese. One slice of cauliflower bread followed by a slice of cheese and topped with another slice of cauliflower bread.
10. Please grilled cheese back into your oven or toaster oven and broil for 5 minutes or until the cheese has completely melted. Enjoy right away!
Recipe inspired by Kirbie's Cravings! Find more keto meal ideas on our blog.